- Any of the tools and functionality can be removed or customized.
- The app is simply FileMaker. Use all of your knowledge and skills of FileMaker.
- Tagged objects can be used in some awesome way.
Who can get involved:
Here are the details:
- Use the fully-functional trial version and use that for your implementation.
- Note: the trial version includes a watermark image. Ignore it.
- Contest Date range: Now through August 9 at 8:00 a.m.
- Feel free to work on it now!!! Get Started.
- Or wait until DevCon.
- Where: DevCon 2018. You must be a DevCon attendee to win.
- Winner announcement at 3:30 p.m. on August 9.
Here’s what to do:
- Download the trial version of GoDraw3 and create a unique implementation of it. Be creative. Create something that would work for any of your current work, or go wild and dream beyond your day job.
- Email a link to your project to email@example.com.
- You must use GoDraw3 in your implementation.
- You can use any part of the FileMaker platform including FileMaker 16 or 17 to create your design.
- You can design it for FileMaker Go or FileMaker Pro Advanced. You’ll let us know which device it is meant to be on.
- Your work must not contain any real customer data.
- You are limited to one entry per person.
- Your work will only be considered if you’ve emailed a link to your project to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A team of independent FileMaker developers at DevCon will judge each entry, scoring your submission as they reflect on:
- How clever of an implementation is presented.
- How does the submission ‘feel’?
Granted, these are rather subjective, but we’ll do our best to make it fair.
You can get support and questions answered in the following ways:
- Read through the documentation.
- Email email@example.com with the subject “GoCreate Contest”.
- Talk to me (Jeremy) at DevCon. I’ll be at the booth everyday in the morning, so stop by and ask questions.
We will be available to answer specific questions about GoDraw3, not about how you can implement it. We want to see what you can do! 🙂
GoCreate! Using FileMaker GoDraw for something awesome
We’re excited to see what you create with GoDraw3.
- You only officially enter the competition when you have emailed a link to your project to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions become property of Geist Interactive and will be used in promotional materials. We will credit the author.
- Submissions have to follow the rules as set out above.
- All entries must be submitted by August 9 at 8:00 a.m.
- Geist Interactive have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
- Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of FileMaker Developers from the community. The top three will be selected based on creativity, unique implementation of GoDraw3.
- The winners will be announced at DevCon at 3:30 p.m. at the Geist Interactive booth and by email.
- The winners have 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
- Geist Interactive reserves the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
- The judges will be selected from folks outside Geist Interactive.
Also published on Medium.